Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Go....Cardinals!

Our friends Justin and Jessica gave Kirk and I Cardinals tickets as a wedding gift. So last Friday night we went to the game!
We were pretty excited even with a weather forecast that looked like this:

We took the tram to the park which went pretty smoothly, said hi to Stan, and headed inside.

Busch stadium is really nice. We found our seats pretty easily and got comfortable.

I decided not to wear Cardinal Red because I didn't want to be disloyal to my true team, the Braves. I did cheer for the Card's though because they played the Giants, who I can't stand!

Before the game we got a surprise from Budweiser (not free beer). The Budweiser Clydesdale's came! They were so amazing and huge!



Unfortunately for the Cardinals, the Giants took an early lead and things weren't going well. By the top of the 8th inning the Giants were winning six to one.





With thunderstorms looming Kirk and I decided to head for home. While we waited for the tram we heard fireworks and cheers erupt. Albert Pujols had hit a home run. We were sad that we missed it but still had a good time, and grateful that we made it home before it started pouring on us!

No comments:

Post a Comment