Thursday, September 23, 2010

Proof I can Bake/I love Fall

After my last post/baking fiasco I decided it was time to redeem myself by baking something else. I thought about chocolate chip cookies or brownies, but both I've made many times before. In order to truly be successful I needed to bake something I've never baked before. Enter: Pumpkin Cheesecake Bread.
I love fall. I own a dozen sweaters and I'm sporting them even in this 90 degree St. Louis heat because it is Fall goshdarnit. I stumbled upon this recipe here last night and decided it would be perfect for welcoming Fall and eating something delicious (hopefully!)
This time I followed the recipe to the T, minus the nutmeg because I can't stand that stuff.
And I forgot to melt the butter before adding it so it was more chunky than creamy.
Without further ado, my pumpkin cheesecake bread.
I took a bite before the picture. I couldn't wait any longer!

Here's the entire loaf. Its a little heavy with the cream cheese filling but really tastes great. I definitely recommend this recipe. Only problem is I have four more cups of pumpkin puree left over. Anyone have a favorite pumpkin recipe to help me out? : )

1 comment: